Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Strawberry Scones


I love scones, but didn't know how to make it or never even thought that it will be so easy to make. When I had a big bunch of strawberries from our recent trip to Costco and we still had a lot left even after just eating like that, I thought of making something with it. Then while looking through recipes, came across this Alton Brown's recipe for scones which I thought will be good to add the strawberries to.

Here goes the recipe for the scones.

You'll need:
--------------
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons shortening
3/4 cup cream
1 egg
1 cup strawberries cut into small pieces.

Optional
For topping:

1/2 cup powdered sugar
1-2 teaspoons milk

Steps:
-------
Heat oven to 375 degrees.

- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Cut in butter and shortening.


- In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg then add to dry ingredients. Add the fruit and gently fold it in.


- Line the baking sheet with the parchment paper and sprinkle a bit with flour.
- Turn dough out onto the floured baking sheet and round it to a circle about 3/4" thick.
- Using the knife, slice the circle into 8 wedges. Or alternatively you can cut into biscuit shapes.


- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until brown.


The scones are good just as is, but if you want to add some more sweetness, you can mix the sugar with little milk at a time to get to a dropping consistency and sprinkle over the scones.




To check other recipes, visit the Recipe tab at the top.
For crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab.

Linking this to these awesome parties hereherehere and here. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. I love scones!!! So need to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing. Found you on #WonderfulWednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! Let me know how it turns out..:)

      Delete
  2. My kids godmother loves scones. We will need to try this recipe for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, time to make some scones..:) Thank you for stopping by Dr. Elise!

      Delete
  3. Scones are my favorite! I don't think I've ever had a strawberry scone before. Need to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie for visiting!
      I am sure you will like it. Give it a try..:)

      Delete
  4. These scones sound great. Thanks for linking up to #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound amazing!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been pinning so many scone recipes on Pinterest lately and have been dying to try them out! This is definitely the first I will try :) Great blog!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very sweet of you Jenna..:)
      Thank you for the visit!

      Delete
  7. To be honest, I've never made scones before either, but your recipe sounds wonderful, especially with the strawberries in it. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now is the time to make some scones..:)
      Thank you Teresa for the visit and for pinning!

      Delete
  8. I love strawberry these look so super tasty, thanks for sharing
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love scones, but never made it. This was the first time, I tried and loved that it was super easy and tasted divine. My son has been asking me to make some more. So do give it a try..:)
      And thank you so much for stopping by Angie!

      Delete
  9. That looks doable 😃😃😃. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Must try it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Bandana! Do let me know how it turns out to be. I guess you can replace the strawberry with other fruits, like blueberries too..:)

      Delete